"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ~Marcus Aurelius

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Time To Get Serious

I have been too comfortable lately. All those motivation that I had last summer to keep in shape just vanished .Winter came & along with it brought me extreme laziness and a total lost of focus with my fitness goals. It's hard for me to believe that just last October I was so into working out & eating healthy. I was working out everyday sometime for 2 hours or more. I was watching my calorie intake & making sure that I didn't go over my limit of 1200 cal/day.

I know I wasn't eating like crazy but the absence of physical activities & being cooped at home all winter are the reasons why I can't fit into my petite size4 jeans anymore. August of last year I could even squeezed in size 2 . It may not seems that much if you look at the numbers , 1-2 size bigger...but for my height , it is VERY BIG of a difference.

Memorial Day weekend & those ubiquitous ads about sales & discounts at the malls lured me into braving the flood of shoppers trying to get good finds & bargains. Husband being supportive (or maybe he's also thinking of the discounts ) he went w/ me & watched Shinjo while Princess & me went elbow-to-elbow w/ hundreds of women's at two of my favorite store White House Black Market and Calvin Klein . I really thought it's gonna be a fun shopping experience but turned out the exact opposite. I was trying on a nice shirt & pants but I was so out of shape I nearly cried because it felt like I was looking at a different person in the mirror. That wasn't me.....I used to look good w/ this kind of outfit :( Frustrated ,disappointed & devastated...I stormed out of the store empty handed. Grant couldn't believe his eyes . He wasn't quite sure whether to feel bad thinking he didn't give me enough time or to be glad knowing I didn't spend a single penny that day. I was heart broken...."What did I do to myself?" " Why did I let myself go?".....but of course I already know the answers to that .


So today , I begin. I want my old self back & 'Dagnammit I'm getting it.I begin w/ a more realistic goal & a better open mind.No more diet pills or crash diets. Just good old fashioned healthy & balanced mind & body.I don't want to be super skinny like Lindsey Lohan.. I just want to see myself in the mirror & feel good again. To look good again wearing my favorite clothes.

May 29,2007 I weigh in at 130 ( gosh I've never gone this heavy before ...not when I am not pregnant)Back to counting calories but not to the point of starving myself. I need the energy to play w/ my kids. Back to working out even at least 45 mins a day and since summer is here maybe I will add a little bit of outdoor activities.

Every week I will post my progress. Hopefully this will help me get more motivated to continue & not procrastinate.
To be fit & feel good again ...that's my goal & my gift to myself.





9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Mel!!!!

I can relate with your weight problem. It's even harder for me co'z I am much older than you but if you set your mind to it, you can do it.

Diet doesn’t work.... it has to be a healthy lifestyle change.
DH is keen on his new lifestyle that he rarely deviates from it. He incorporates a balanced meal with exercise: low fat, low carbs, low sodium, no sugar. He continues to eat healthy, with some treats once in a blue moon. They just can't be all the time.It's 58 lbs. down the drain. Yay!!!

With your new goal, you can get back in shape, firm and tone, and lose inches all in just a matter of few months.

Today, I am down to 113.8 lbs... 5 lbs more to go baby ;-)

Anonymous said...

By the way, Mel. Track your calorie intake here http://www.fitday.com/webfit/signup.html

You'll be amazed how much you really ate at the end of the day.

~Mheldz said...

hi Rhebs,
Super ingit ako sa iyo. If I could lose kahit 10lbs lang I'd be elated.

I find that if my meal has more starch in it than protein, I get hungry too soon. So in the morning for breakfast, I'd make eggs ( 1 whole & 1 white) & 1 piece of toast .I've learned to eat turkey sausage & turkey bacon too. It keeps me full for atleast 4-5 hours . I also drink more liquids now. I make myself 3qrts of juice ( lemon juice+ cranberry juice+ice+spelda+ a dash of cayenne pepper).That's what I drink all day & it fills me up too & I snack less.

I've heard about Fitday.com before but I don't go online as often as before .I couldn't keep record of what I eat. Just all in my head.

Congrats to u & Tony. It takes a lot of effort & motivation & self control to lose that amount of weight.

TC!! :)

Anonymous said...

Mel,

You need to drink at least 64 OZ. of WATER a day and maybe instead of fruit juice, drink green tea. We're hooked on Teavana green tea. Check this out http://www.teavana.com/Green+Teas/cid=44/shop.axd/Products

Turkey sausage & turkey bacon are so high in sodium but you can have them maybe once ot twice a week only.

Mommy said...

Hi Mel,

thanks for dropping by in my blog i just want to let you know and ask your permission if I can link your blog to mine.

~~~pareho tayo malaki problem ko sa weight I feel you sister!
bye for now! goodluck sa goal mo...

~Mheldz said...

Hi Sarah,
yes pls add me to ur links. I'll add u too.

If u need any advise about kids & stuff just give me a holler.

take care

Anonymous said...

Mel relate na relate ako. Well, since I got here and after the wedding from 99 lbs. I gained 31 lbs. So I was 130 lbs before I got pregnant. I think that weight was ok since I am almost 5'5". Just recently, I went to shop for clothes for the interview. I was so upset that I was in the store for almost 45 mins. (Ryan and Francis waiting for me in the car) and I didn't even know how many cute clothes I tried. There is this bulge infront of me that is soooo disappointing. I am still in the Juniors sizes though. I used to wear 9 and now I am 11 but I prefer wearing 13 kasi medyo loose. Ryan kept reminding me that it has only been 2 months since I gave birth and I should give myself a break. With all the water that I take in before my delivery that is making me look fat. Like you, I never had this problem before but I guess I just have to deal with it. Good Luck to all of us. :o)

Anonymous said...

hi Mel thanks a lot i'll keep that in mind! tc

~Mheldz said...

Hi In,
Losing weight is so hard ( esp. for me). It is easier said than done .My daily mantra of "Today I will exercise" is just a broken promise. Once I start w/ the house chores & kids somebody will have to wheel me out on a stretcher coz I'm just always exhausted.

I kow my worst enemy is my "will power". I know everything I have to do, equipmet I need & food to eat to shrink my waistline but I couldn't do it. Somebody must slap me hard first before I could get up & just start getting in shape.

If u have stronger motivation than me then it will be easier for you. I know exactly how it feels to shop & cant' find anything you like that fits.

Cheers to us !! The good news is...we are still beauties no matter what!! hahahha

Hugs & kisses to Francis.

TC