"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ~Marcus Aurelius

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Northwest Summer

“It is the month of June,The month of leaves and roses,When pleasant sights salute the eyes,And pleasant scents the noses.” ~Nathaniel Parker Willis


.......actually we are half-way thru June . Kids are on vacation now & I'm left w/ the wonder of how am I gonna keep them busy. I thought of taking them to the district recreational pool center & let them waddle in the water till they turn like prune. It's indoor ,water is warm enough so you don't have to worry about catching cold,it's open till late so you can avoid the rush of people ( too many people=too many germs) & most of all it's cheap!!! Only 2$ per person if you belong w/ the district. How cool is that!!! Tualatin Recreational Center has everything from leisure,sports,educational ,social or even if yo just want to take a walk in the trail area.

Shopping.........who doesn't love to shop??!!! Even if I don't have the dough , I'm perfectly happy just to window shop & spot something nice & tell myself " I'm gonna get you later!" lols
Well, this month is my lucky month coz I made full use of the gift cards that I got from my birthday to the max. Macy's had a huge discount blowout sale on June 12-13 . I was one of the earliest shoppers & I thought I was early enough till I saw one lady already had both her arms full of clothes to take to the fitting room. I took my sweet time coz I know dear husband is watching the kids & I gotta make sure that I wont go home empty handed & teary eyed again.
Two hours later I got myself enough outfits to last me till next summer plus a nice little purse from DKNY for a fraction of a cost. I couldn't believe my eyes (& the cashier) , a nice paor of dress pants for $11.99 & a beautiful scooped neck red blouse for $9.99 hahahhaaa..I was smiling from ear to ear. That was a very rare moment & I guess it's because I finally accepted the fact that I am no longer size 2 anymore . It made it easier for me to pick the right size of clothes & the right style. But don't get me wrong...accepting doesn't mean I am surrendering.
The battle of the bulge isn't over yet. But in the mean time , I'll try to enjoy my new sets of outfit :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Their Recent Pictures




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mel,

your children are really good looking artistahin! Happy Father's day to your loving husband Tc!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mel!!

Like you, I LOVE MACY'S especially when they're having their special weekend sale. Lorin and his family knows now what to give me as a gift on special occasions...Macy's gift cards, LOL!

Hey, you should grab that opportunity in letting the kids learn how to swim, it's good for them. We also have a recreational center here and we sometimes go there for a swim. It's not bad at all and you'll really enjoy it. Give it a try, girl!