"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ~Marcus Aurelius

Saturday, June 23, 2007

The Work Out That Works For Me

A few months ago I started getting serious w/ my fitness goal. I've tried pills, low-Atkins , Juice Diet..etch etch...none of them worked. Instead of losing weight , I gained more.

The problem is not only my weight but my mind set. I was trying to solve my weight issue the easy & the fast way but I should have known that it's not gonna work. I might lose a couple of pounds but it always comes back & w/ a vengeance. My mind set & my will power is what needed boosts. After looking at my clothes that wont fit any more & looking at the mirror & facing reality , I told myself ...." I can't let this happen to me, this is not what I want myself to be & I'm gonna do whatever it takes but this time I'm doing it the right way".

I kept looking for something that will motivate me like the GYM but I'm too cheap to pay for the monthly dues .How about swimming??? Yeah ,but then I would have to hire somebody to teach me coz I don't know how to swim( what a shame for a girl who was born in a country surrounded by oceans & seas and I wont be caught dead wearing swim suit w/ my gutt hanging out ).
I thought about getting an exercise bike after seeing it on FitTV & heard that you can burn enough calorie if you do it 30 mins to an hour. I thought "that's great , I can get on the bike & pedal away while watching my favorite show". Anything that can help me get in shape w/o having to drag my 2 kids or pay for a babysitter. The bike isn't cheap either but I figure it's a great investment . I made a deal w/ my husband that I will start using my work out DVD again everyday if he gets me the bike . I kept my end of the bargain & so tomorrow I'm getting my new exercise bike .

I am spending my money on this baby instead of new clothes & shoes so I'd better stick w/ it.





I highly recommend this work out dvd if you wanna tone your abs & thighs. The Accelerated Body Sculpting work out & the Pilates Fat Burning for cardio are what I use & it's guaranteed result if you do it regularly & w/ healthy diet.


~~Beauty Tips~~

I have discovered an amazing product that gave my skin great result.It's a little pricey but hey, it's totally worth it. After using this stuff , I didn't even need to wear foundation any more. Just a light press powder & I'm good to go. Skin is soft,supple,evenly toned & it almost feels like your skin was literally renewed. Once you tried them you will never go back to your old cream.





These 2 I use in the morning


And these 2 at night. Just make sure that you wash your face before applying this cream.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Little Angels

Buckle Up!!

He's Belting Out A Song.

Have a great weekend to everyone.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Mel. Salamat for the visit. I didn't know na when you post something about their product eh you need to have an update in between or they will reject it. Sayang naman yong mga pinaggagawa ko kaya ayon update ng update minsan hawak si Francis :)

We have a treadmill at home. May alikabok not sure when will it be used next. Ryan is too busy and when he comes home late na parati so ayon nasa leaving room pa rin.

Anyways, about the stuff for the face, ok ba yan sa insensitive skin? I usually break-out parati if I used stuff like that. Yong dati ko kasing ginagamit they stop making it na kaya I am stuck of not knowing what to use next. By the way, the kids are so big and beautiful, kisses to them.

Mommy said...

Mel,

Im on the verge of giving up, but I can't coz Im still young to have a bulging belly. Kaya for both of us we need to work out. Dont quit!

about the cream that you use, is it really effective? since I moved here I lost my interest putting cream on my face kakatamad na kasi kaya chakadoll na ang skin ko. How long does it last you? thanks sa info tc

Your children are so cute they are so big na.

~Mheldz said...

Hi In,
That new business gig is interesting. I'd do it too if I had enough time. I wish you good luck also & success.

I was thinking about getting a treadmill too or an elliptical machine but I read that threadmill is harsh on your joints & knees .If I didn't discover the exercise bike I would have gotten an elliptical but I opted for the later coz it's cheaper, gives similar result,wont hurt your knees & joints plus it's not gonna take up too much space. Kapag apartment dwelling , space is always an issue.

Estee Lauder might be too harsh for you kc it's actually catered to women on their late 30's & beyond lols. If you are super sensitive try mo ang Clinique because they have products that are water base so it wont clog your pores & hypoallergenics & fragrance free. Makapal na kc mukha ko kaya kahit ano pwede itapal lols.

Mukhang si Francis is very hiyang to his brand new world. Ang mahirap lang naman sa ganyang age is kapag nagkasakit so I wish him good health para lalong lumaki sya na strong & pogi.

TC:)

~Mheldz said...

Hi Sarah,
I have always been concious of my eating habbit lalo na nung kumakanta pa ako sa hotel. This year is my worst & it felt like I hit rock bottom. Ang katawan ko is mahirap papayatin. It always has to be a combination of strict diet & physical activites. Being a SHAM made it hard for me to do both & when I cook , I have a tendency of finishing my kids' left-over lols w/c I try not to do anymore. Diretso sa trash can ang tirang food & I just close my eyes na lang kasi mabigat sa loob ko ang magtapon ng grasya ng Diyos lols.

You are right, bata ka pa. It will be easier for you I bet kc isa pa lang ang baby mo. Just keep ur focus & motivation .

The cream works great. I've always been a fan of Estee Lauder pero dati ung make-up nila ang gustong-gusto ko lalo na ung foundation. But now sa skin-care naman ako . If you just wanna try, you can buy their starter kit para masubukan mo kung ok sa skin mo kc medyo matatapang ang products dito.But I swear sa skin ko pag hinaplos ko parang sing kinis ng pwet ng baby hahahahha. I always buy the regular size & it last between 2-4 months dipende kung gaano ka ka religious mag apply. My mother-in-law also uses Estee Lauder but she has more products in her vanity than me .She even has tanning spray,mask etch etch .Solid Estee Lauder fan ang byenan ko & she would give me the sample give- aways that's why I got hooked & I can't go back to stuff that I used to buy at regular store.
You need moisturizer esp. in hot & humid areas like Texas.

Sa Pilates naman, so far di pa ako pumapalya & nakikita ko ang results w/c give me more motivation. You should try it too kung hindi mo pa nasubukan.

TC:)

Mommy said...

Thanks Mel, d ko pa natry ang pilates! maybe one of this days when I get the chance to go to Bestbuy makabili ng dvd about pilates. God bless