"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ~Marcus Aurelius

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Remembering My Childhood Idol

Only a Filipino would know who she was. She was a superstar & a darling to everybody.
I was only a child myself when she became famous . At 6pm everyday we would gather in front of our old black & white t.v. to watch her drama show " Anna Liza". Her face was so angelic that even w/ the old TV set w/ no color you could feel her emotions & I'd cry when she cry . People say that I look like her & I'd get embarrassed when they tease me that I was imitating her but deep inside I was secretly smiling whenever I get compared to my favorite movie star .

Everything was going well w/ her career & even starting a new album when she pass away. It was a really sad day. I think the whole country mourned for her. I cried so much because I was only 10 & I don't understand how she died & I could go to see her funeral.
Yesterday I saw her face on the news & my childhood memory came rushing back to me.
I swear I'd still have goose-bumps even just talking about her. She is really special & up until now I am still a big fan . God Bless your soul Julie .


Julie Vega

4 comments:

Mommy said...

Wow Mel favorite mo rin pala si Julie Vega, sayang nuh aga syang namatay favorite ko rin sya nung bata pa ko kala ko sister sila ni Janice de Belen kasi magkahawig sila

~Mheldz said...

Sayang nga.May talent din sya sa singing. Hay nakuh..I wonder kung sino kaya ang nakatuluyan nya kung nabuhay pa sya?

Mommy said...

alam napaka vague ng memory ko about her pero ang d ko malimutan na movie nya yung napossess sya parang natrauma ako dun

~Mheldz said...

yeah, I remember that movie & many said that naka engkanto daw si Julie kaya sya nagkasakit. It's weird that they never really figured out her cause of death.Sabi over fatigue.
Hangang nagyun kinikilabutan ako :)