"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ~Marcus Aurelius

Monday, September 24, 2007

8 Random's Facts of My Past

Thanks to Geri for this tag

1. When I was 5, my grandpa convinced everybody that I could read , in English .Of course no one would believe that a kid who have not yet gone to school ( there weren't any preschool yet during my time ) & can't even spell her name could read a book so my grandpa would show them very proudly that I really could read & my he would make me sit in the middle of the table so everybody could hear while I read to them my favorite book "The Caterpillar" . Everybody would clap w/ amazement about my great talent until one jealous cousin couldn't stand the attention that was being bestowed upon me & blurted out " SHE CAN'T READ , SHE MEMORIZED THE BOOK" . I didn't believe her because I was so sure that I know every words of that book so I argued & cried & told my cousin she was a liar & jealous . My grandpa didn't want me & my cousin's feelings hurt so he explained that I just knew the entire book by heart because he had read it to me over over & that everybody knows it but they went along to boost my confidence . It was my first taste of heartbreak & up until now I could still vividly remember the pain lols.

2. At around 7-8 years of age , every summer vacation ,I would help my grandma sell her very famous isaw bbq ( pig intestine bbq) & I would scour the whole neighborhood knocking at every door. Then I would go to every gambling houses ( majong,41,tong-it's ,pusoy) till my whole basket of bbq's are all sold. As my reward my grandma would give me 1 peso to put on my tin can piggy bank . By the time school starts I would have enough money to buy me new school stuff :)

3. When I was in 5th grade , I had a huge crush with a guy from 6th grade. One day while I was standing in line at the Buko juice stand , someone tap me in the back as I was getting my favorite drink . It was my crush & he asid "Hi". I got so nervous I didn't know what to do & I could feel my face burning. I tried to smile & say Hi back but instead something went shooting out of my nose & dropped into my Buko juice cup( uhugin pa kasi kereng-keng na !) . I wasn't sure if he saw it but I thought I was gonna die at that moment so I ran away as fast as I could . Talk about a total turn-off!!

4. In 6th grade, I joined a beauty contest at our local church. I made it into the final round but when it was time for the evening gown parade , I had a wardrobe malfunction. The zipper was jammed & I couldn't force it to slide up .It was a long all the way dwon to my butt!! My mother was frantic trying to find safety pins. She manage to get some at a near by tiange. She saved me from another colossal humiliation.

5. Another funny story when I was a kid was when me & this boy neighbor of ours were about to jump across a big muddy puddle. We were teasing each other & I laughed so hard when he didn't make the jump . I made sure I jumped as far as I could but totally forgot that I was holding 3 eggs that my grandma asked me to get from the store. So guess what happened after that...lols... Grandma was so mad but I thought it was totally worth it though coz I wouldn't let that boy beat me on a dare :)

6. In high school , I joined the drama club & given the lead role to the annual stage presentation. No experience what-so-ever , I managed to pull it through even though so many things went wrong during the opening night (props wont function, lights wont turn on , other cast forgetting their lines etch etch ). They gave me the "Best Actress" award lols.....I've learned the true meaning of "the show must go on".

7. 3rd year high school I joined a contest at school. Whoever could raise the most money would win the crown of Miss Capitol High. I worked so hard raising cash & giving out envelops BUT I didn't surrender all of the money to the school ,just some lols..... I didn't care about the crown or the title but I did enjoyed a few trips at the mall & got myself really fancy stuff :)

8. And last but not the least...
I crashed at an exclusive CAT party at school. It was supposed to be just for all the officers of the Civilian Army Training corpse or whatever they call it. Geesh, I was called in front of all the officers & told that I can't stay blah blah blah......and all I could think about was..."you are so full of S*^%!!!!! . It's just a party. They're acting like they are in a middle of some highly classified military operations. It was just a bunch of high school kids trying to have some fun. At ease man!!!

That's all I could think of Right now. There's many more unforgettable & funny events of my childhood.

I'm tagging Lanie( kahit super busy sya) , Gilda( kahit na sya ay MIA lols ) , Anna , Sandy,In-in, Vanessa ,Sarah ,Tess (na tag na kayo ni Ger but I'm tagging u ulit, wla lang ) ,Rhebs,Pham,Bless and anybody who wants to. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mel, ang cute mo siguro nagtitinda ng isaw door-to-door, gosh, you made me hungry tuloy :) Haha, I can relate about your embarrassing experience with your crush. Ako at Grade 5 rin, nadapa in front of american crush while playing habulan. So you're not alone!

Mommy said...

wow sarap nmn ng isaw miss ko na ang isaw! bat ba usong uso ang nadadapa ako rin nadulas nmn infront of the boys room LOL kakahiya tlg dami pa nmn mga lalake na nakakita

~Mheldz said...

Ger & Sarah,
Isn't funny to think about how we acted silly infront of our crushes?? Do you guys did the SLUMBOOK?? I think I made several of those hopping I could get my crush signiture & to know more about him.

Anonymous said...

naka tag ba ako dito? ithink i already did this tag b4 but i will try to check my archive but anyway, thanks for remembering me. Mel, i enjoyed reading this, lol! nakaka relate ako sa mga crushes na yan, hehehe! Keep them coming!