"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ~Marcus Aurelius

Thursday, September 27, 2007

When Kids Get Sick

It hasn't been a great week for our family lately.Since the start of the school season my kids been sick too. I am sure teachers tries their best to keep classroom clean but no one is really immune to common illnesses. Shinjo started to have runny nose last week then his appetite decreased .He didn't want to eat anything except for sugary treats such as gummy bears & fruit juices . Then he started to have diarrhea.
We had the same problem before but it never fails to catch me off guard & gets panicky.The next day I got him Pedialite & gave to him through syringe coz he wont drink it on his own.His diarrhea seems to have disappeared but now he is vomiting!Everytime he tries to eat something it would come back out . He threw up in the car , the living room, on his bed everywhere!! Thank God for the washing machine coz I can't imagine washing bed linens by hands just like in the Philippines. My brand new Fabrees bottle is now almost half empty but it's okay coz it did a great job getting rid of the smell ( w/ some serious scrubbing as well ).




Wednesday when I picked up Princess at school I knew there was something wrong. She immediately cried when she saw me & I was like " Pls don't tell me you pulled some girls hair ". She was complaining about tummy ache & I asked some parents who child also goes to lunch at the cafeteria if their kids have the same problem but they didn't. Now while driving , I thought about how am I gonna get medicine w/out having to take 2 sickly kids inside the store? Solution?? Ah...Walgreens drive-thru pharmacy.Pulled over next to the window & this 20 something girl greeted me & already , I felt some negative vibes. Sure enough , this girl wouldn't give me a freakin' Peptobismal. Even after explaining to her that both kids are sick , she refused & told me she can't give me any medication because she's not a pharmacist & that I would have to go inside the store!! I almost yelled at her & screamed "if you're not a pharmacist then what the hell are you doing here wearing that white stupid robe?? Either she's lazy or stupid , I mean how hard is it to grab that pink bottle , no measuring, no typing involve....grrrrrrr!!!! While inside the store I kept praying that none of my kids would throw up or have a nasty accident coz I would really make sure that that girl gets fired!!


Today ,we took Shinjo to the doctor because his vomiting scared us but when the doctor saw him eating Cheerios , he just told us to go home & just let the tummy bug go away on it's own.

Their faces brightens our home with their happy smiles.

13 comments:

Mommy said...

Mare i know how hard it is to have a sick child how much more 2 yan I hope they get better this weekend, para masaya weekend nyo. Takecare!

vanessa said...

it truly hurts when they get sick, matthew had the stomach bug 2 weeks ago along with is the diaper rash, no matter how much the daycare and us filled his butt with cream it just doesn't go away until 3 days. Worst thing is, he scream everytime i dub some so i end up washing his behind with cold running water. It does give him some relief. Seems like he is going to have it again this week(grrr). Ewan ko kung ano ito, could be just food reaction or something from daycare. Who knows. I ran some tests at work and they all came back negative. Two weekends ago i'm supposed to attend a wedding but changed my mind the last minute kasi i felt bad leaving him, not a good idea taking him either and constantly rush to the restroom to changed his diaper. And this weekend we are going to a cousins baby shower with grandpa so we'll see tommorrow if this is going to be another sick weekend. Doctor was right, nothing we can do but wait till it goes away. Kisses and hugs to shinjo and princess.

~Mheldz said...

Sarah,
Mukhang mabotete na silang dalawa lols pero ingat pa din ako kc mahirap na. Like today, empty na nag fridge tsaka ang pantry cabinet pero di muna ako nagpunta sa grocery store kc malamig ba dito at maulan pa.
Sana tomorrow ay gumanda ang panahon para maka gala naman.

Have a nice weekend :)

~Mheldz said...

Van,
Kawawa naman si Matty. I hope he'll be better soon.
Alam mo ba last November lang , Shinjo got this really nasty kind of bacteria . C-Deficile ba yun?? Anyway, it was really the contagious kind of bacteria on his tummy kc ang hilig isubo ni shinjo mga toys. Ang mahal ng antibiotics nya (vancomycin) tapos ang rashes nya grabeh din . The doctor recommended Desitin cream (super lagkit ) tsaka Nyastatin & it helped his butt rashes heal fast.

I hope it's not as serious as what Shinjo had before coz kawawa naman ang baby.

Hugs & kisses to your sweet pea.

Anonymous said...

Parang ang hirap talaga ng buhay nanay dito especially pagka ganyan na may sakit ang mga bata. Masarap talaga kung may pamilya ka na laging nandyan na naka suporta sayo when times like that happens. That's one thing that just turns me off here in the States kasi wala kang kadamay pagka may sakit mga anak mo, you're on your own. Pwera nalang if you're living siguro with your in-laws, pero mukhang mabibilang sa daliri mo if your in-laws will really be there all the time to support you and your husband. Sa atin, Nanay and tatay and your siblings will always be handy for all the help you need. Haayy.... buhay america!

Anonymous said...

Mel, kawawa mga bata pag may sakit at kawawa ka din, bakit kaya ganon pag may sakit isa, laging sunud sunod minsan sabay pa! Baka sa weather yan minsan, yong biglang change ng weather. I'm glad OK na sila para OK ka na rin so everybody is happy at ng ma enjoy nyo ang weekend! TC and thanks for always checking on me!

Francesca said...

mel, hay sa wakas, nahagilap ko rin mga kapuso ko sa asawa forum!!!

musta na mga bading, lol

basta, link link tau, para may tsika at saya.

CUTE NG KIDS MO !

francesca in france

Merydith said...

Mel yong mata ni Shinjo matamlay na matamlay. I hope they are better na. By the way, salamat pala sa compliment sa freeze it. Impressed ka sa kakapal? hahahaha. May marami kaming shots ni Frankie na I didn't even forget my line or have to think of words to say. Kaso hindi kasi namin alam if ilang seconds na ba while recording. Atleast 60 seconds kasi. We started around 8:00 pm and we finished pass 10:00 pm kasi pabalik balik yong take. Si Frankie kasi laru ng laru ng laway niya, he is blowing it ba hahaha tapos, he was sticking out his tongue to Ryan, then was slobbering, then pouting his lips, tapos sumigaw pa so everytime balik kami from the beginning. Until in the end he was getting restless so bahala na. It was fun though. Hindi man lang alam ng anak ko na I blame him sa pananakit ng katawan ko hehehe. Kisses to the two kiddos.

Merydith said...

Ohh I almost forgot you have something in my blogspot. If you have the time paki visit nalang. Thanks

~Mheldz said...

Sandy
Sianbi mo pa. Kinatatakot ko nga kapag ako nagkasakit. Dito dadamayan ka pero may limit tsaka you can really feel na parang pabigat ka sa buhay nila kaya I never asked for any help. Tsaka I don't think I could ever trust any one to take care of my kids. Knock on wood sana I stay healthy & strong para sa mga anak ko.

~Mheldz said...

Hi Tess,
Okay na sila sa awa ng Diyos. I've learned na kapag may sakita ng tyan or diarrhea , pedialite lang ang solution di na kailangan dalhin sa doctor. Minsan kapag sobrang maselan masama din kasi di masanay ang immune system nila sa germs.

~Mheldz said...

Hello Madamme Francesca,
So glad that you visited my blog.
Medyo busy lang ako pero I'll come back & catch up w/ u soon.
TC

Avoir :)

~Mheldz said...

In-In
I can imagine how fun it was making that video. You can show that to Francis later on .I'm sure he will appreciate everything that his mom sacrificed for him.

I bet your parents are so proud of that video kc their daughter has a lovley american accent . Oh di ba ?