"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ~Marcus Aurelius

Sunday, September 2, 2007

Labor Day Weekend ~ It's the end of a long vacation

50% of me says " yey,at last vacation is over...I'll be busy again " but the other 50% says " Oh man, this means I can't stay in bed till 10am anymore!" But I guess I'll go w/ the first coz I think I've had enough of idle time. I'm so excited for the start of the school season. It means we'll gonna meet new people , gonna go to new places , kids have brand new clothes & school stuff , meeting new friends.....it's just so thrilling for me!!

Saturday we stormed the Woodburn Company Store Outlet and went elbow-to-elbow amongst the crowd of anxious shoppers. I made sure that I wore my most comfortable pair of shoes coz the last time was pretty painful , my feet was sore for a few days from my very fashionable 3" clogs (duh). This time I came all set & prepared( studied the map,list of stores, shopping list) & I came victorious. This is a shopping heaven for penny pincher's.
My kids have enough clothes till the next change of season w/o breaking the bank.

Labor Day Dinner: Sweet & Sour Chicken W/ Garlic Rice


After whining about the quality of Chinese food here , I decided to make one myself.
The batter is light but still crispy & the sauce has just the right sweetness .



Tired the whole day so I guess I deserve
a glass of good chilled chardonnay & enjoyed the rest of the evening with my honey.

I hope you all had a Great Labor Day weekend :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

grabe, naglaway ako bigla sa garlic rice and sweet and sour chicken mo Mel, mukhang ang sarap ah!

~Mheldz said...

Thanks Tess.
Kapag gutom kahit ano masarap lols.
I try to cook as much as I can kc nakakasawa fast food.
Da best pa din pagkain pinoy.
TC :)

Anonymous said...

Mel, your sweet and sour chicken looks yummy. Do you have a recipe to pass on to me?

TC

~Mheldz said...

Thanks rhebs,

I just followed a recipe from a book called "Chinese For Dummies " lols , go figure :).

I'll post the recipe here when i get the chance. Schedule is kinds crazy now that the school is open again.

TC :)