"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ~Marcus Aurelius

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Not Enough Days In A Week :)

It's been a busy week yet again.
Sunday we went with our friends to this huge farm for a pumpkin patch trip for the kiddos and boy did they had a blast!!.It was their first time and so was mine . Personally, I still couldn't completely embrace the idea of a "celebration" for this particular event because to me as a filipina ,it's a time to remember our relatives & loveones who passed away and also I was quite sure there were more bigger ,prettier & cleaner pumpkins at Costco or Winco so why in the world we were in the middle of a farm , all muddy and cold I would never understand but who am I to spoil the fun. Kids were just ecstatic to see all the activities in lined for them such as petting zoo,corn maze,haystack maze,train ride, pumpkin patch , boat ride and some delish food kiosks. For less than 15 bucks the four of us gets to do all of these stuff and bring home the best pumpkin that we could find for the Halloween.In the end I thought that it is indeed a fun holiday coz it's about family sharing activities that everyone enjoys. I'll try to remember to wear rain boots next time.


Boat ride,The Pumpkin Patch and Petting Zoo


Monday was spent general cleaning coz the next day is a special day for my MIL and I want to make sure that the house is impeccable in all corners . I was in such a mood for cleaning , I even clean my car that has been begging for some TLC :)
Tuesday , we celebrated my MIL's birthday.
Times like this when I'm not really in the mood to cook especial dishes, we just ordered take out from Red Robin. I am just so glad that we are so easy & predictable.We order same food everytime and everyone is fine and happy with it which makes life so much easier and we still had lots of time left to enjoy a movie.We had Baskin Robbins ice cream cake btw..how easy is that?? No fuss , no huss and MIL was happy with her bday celebration.

Shinjo school had their own little pumpkin patch on Wednesday at school too and they painted their own pumpkins & brought it home. It was so cute what my son did , he turned the pumpkin into something that looks like the globe because of it's bluish green color . I'll post pics of the pumpkins that we got after they've been carved.

Thursday , my daughter had a Parent Literature Night. I'm not actually the most social type and prefers to be on the back stage but I didn't want my kid to be left out and so I went. It wasn't as bad as I thought and many parents came with their kids and I got to meet some of them and they all have one thing to say about my daughter, " Oh my gosh your daughter is such a talker"...lols but I already knew that. There were book reading , family games & activities and the most fun of all is the free pizza and refreshment....oh actually it's the ruffle draw and the free books which I love tremendously coz there were no limit , only your guilt , coz you can take as many as you want!!!

Friday , I wanted to go window shopping for holiday outfit for the kids but I got so much stuff to do at home so I decide to re-sched my mall trip. I couldn't believe I spent 4 and a half hours ironing our clothes that afternoon. Heck I even ironed DH's boxer shorts , I think. I was just on a roll with loading up the dirty laundry & ironing the dried ones. Whew , what a day. While I was swooshing my arm with the hot steaming flat iron back & forth , I was in front of the TV watching new episodes of Law and Order SVU that I recorded , some old episodes of Scrap booking from DIY channel up to the evening local news. I was so glad when I was finally done.I think I've ironed half of our entire wardrobe. Dh felt bad so he ordered Japanese take-out for diner.

Speaking of scrap booking, I have made a few pages but I had to put them away for awhile coz I get to immersed with the whole process and as a result many of my daily chores piled up undone such as the laundry,dusting , bathroom etch etch.It's funny when my husband goes to work with crumpled shirt,his co-workers assumed we had a fight lols. Anyhoo..here are some of the pages that I have done. I will finish the whole album which means I still have maybe 300 more pics to go.

Some Of My Finished Scrapbooking Project


Saturday we went to the newly opened Ikea .About 20 mins drive if we didn't got lost.The navigation couldn't find the entrace to this humongous mall that sits amongst other big stores such as Staples,Marshalls ,Bestbuy etch etch. Ikea was so big and since it only opened in July this year a lot of people are still curious at what they could find in this popular Swedish store. The driving and the immense size of it got me so tired I totally lost my appetite to buy anything. I was contented on just looking around ,scouting and kinda making mental note at what I'm gonna buy next time. We had to stop by at Target on our way home but I was just too exhausted otherwise I would have gone inside Target to check out their dollar only section but instead I just stayed in the car .Hmmmmmm sign of aging :)

Sunday,we just stayed home. I think even the kids have had enough fun for the whole week. We watched old movies and I made toasty Philly Cheese Steak sandwich for lunch and when I'm done with this post , we are gonna watch The Pirate of The Caribbean:At Worlds End and have some nice rum and coke drink...ahhhh...relaxing.

Ta ta for now and have a fun Trick'a treatin' :)

2 comments:

Mommy said...

sis i love the your scrapbook it's so cute! pansin ko nga wet yung lupa nung pumpkin patch nyo, d bale kahit maputik enjoy nmn mga bata yun lng ang satisfation natin mga magulang

Nova said...

Whew!!! now thats a week... I love hearing all your weekdays story... nice one...

happy spooky halloween with your love ones...