"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ~Marcus Aurelius

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A Tag From Sarah

Our Better Half

The rules are:

1.First name:
( if he doesn't like his name plastered all over the net a pet name will do.)
2. How and where did you meet?
3. Characteristics
4. Your plans 20 to 30 years from now.


To explain our story better , I gotta post a few pics of him and if you are gonna be talking about the man of your life, then it has to be atleast a good 5 paragraphs long lols....expectedly :)

#1


Younger Grant


#2

We met in HongKong in February 2002.He was sent there by his company to do some work. He said he kinda felt that he's gonna meet someone during his short stay so when him & his colleagues went to a Buddhist Temple & saw a Lucky Pan he touched it & made a wish, for him to meet the ONE!!The next day , after enough cajoling by his friend , they went out late that night to a bar & unbeknownst to him , the ONE that he was waiting for was sitting next to him & introduced herself as "Jenina" ( I lied..I usually do ,esp if it's just the 1st meeting coz it's always the last that I see those guys anyways. I also lied about my job..I told him I was a secretary lols). It was just a casual "hi! how-do-you-do" meeting , just 2 strangers making Innocent conversation....till he asked me to dance ( blushing....I think even if I retold this story when I'm old & wrinkly , I would still be blushing and giggling ).The song was "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You".How fittingly so coz I felt like I was on a daze and suddenly regretting why I gave him a false name .I remember secretly praying that he wont vanish too soon juts like some regular tourist. We danced all night & talked till morning.


February 2002,HongKong

We spent the following day together and I told him the truth , my real name and my profession.He heard me sang for the first time & told me that I shouldn't lie again about my job. Prior to our meeting I just rebounded from a nasty break-up & getting into another relationship was not on my mind .Never was I particularly attracted to Americans neither , just their music. There were a few numbers of men foreign & local who showed interest but only a a handful of them came as close as to sending flowers & gifts.I had to turn them down coz I wasn't ready. I thought about the same when I met Grant that's why I gave a phony name but something happened & changed my mind. All of a sudden ,here's this guy that I couldn't wait to spend the next seconds with. I fell in love & so was he.

It all happened so fast and all we could ever think of was we can never spend our lives apart no matter what. It wasn't smooth sailing when we started my visa process.It was a real test of commitment to each other coz it was really tough.The whole experience that we survived made us realize that if we can pass the immigration hurdle & long distance relationship , then we are strong enough to outlast anything.

#3 Characteristics

If you read about Taureans, then that's almost exactly what he is.He is such a gentle soul that wont hurt a fly but beware if you cross him coz he can be very resentful. He is the kind of guy who will pull over the side of the road to help a stranger in need.He is such a loyal and a trusty friend. very conservative and honest and very respectful. When it comes to his family ,his devotion is without question by far the best I have ever seen.To his wife he is loving,passionate ,understanding,considerate and romantic. He knows how to flatter his wife and make her feel special. His work ethics is truly admirable.always making sure that he gets the job done and more.All in all, he has everything that I wanted in partner although he can't cook ,he can do many other things that always impresses me



#4 Future Plans

Ooohh..I got a long list for that but realistically , our plan is to raise our kids the best possible way we can, make sure they get the best education & always be there for them. Our kids are our number one priority . Comes next is for me to go to college,have a career that I like ,build our dream house, save for retirement, travel the world & grow old & gray together. But that is looking too far ahead.For now we are thankful for everyday that goes by that we have each other.
I'd be forever thankful to God and for that friend of his who forced him to go out that night or we would never have met.I've found my soul mate,my best friend ,the king of my heart.

I'm guessing this tag has been done by most of my friends but who ever wants to do it, feel free. I know how much love to talk about your Knight in shining armor.

Thank you to Mareng Sarah for this tag.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melz, gwapa ni Grant pala noong bata niya, well, hangang ngayon ha! ^_^ Pero ngayon medyo nag gain siya ng weight ng kunti. Ganoon lang siguro pag magaling mag luto ang asawa? Heheh! Nakaka kilig nga talaga ang love story ninyo. Ako dito naka ngiti at kilig na kilig habang nagbabasa dito!

~Mheldz said...

Lanie,
You should share with us the story of u & John. I'm sure its also kilig to the bone :)

TY sa compli..syempre ako ang number one fan ni mister.Ganun siguro talaga kapag asawa mo hahahaha u think he is the most handsome guy in the world di ba :)

Gudluck with your jewelry business.Di pa ako maka order kc di naman ako nakaka attend ng mga social gatherings , palagi lang ako naka jeans or sweat pants. Pero don't worry ,I'll let you know as soon as something comes up & I'd be needing fancy jewelries .

TC

Mommy said...

Mare i enjoy reading your story alam mo ako rin madalas magbigay ng maling name hehehe grabe swerte talaga tayo sa mga asawa natin ang babait at mapagmahal buti na lng sa Americans tayo nag end up ang mga pinoy papaluhain lng tayo (ako pinaluha ako ng maraming beses)

Merydith said...

I enjoyed reading your story Mel. You both are so perfect for each other. Gwapo ni Grant.