"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ~Marcus Aurelius

Monday, October 1, 2007

Venting

I had to write this after I read Geri's post about driving
This is just an accumulation of everyday nuisance that I needed to get out of my chest.

Fellow motorist who I share the road with everyday , you are at the top of my "Reasons-I-Want-To-Strangle-Somebody" List. I call you for whatever kind of car you are driving.

Mrs. Lexus....I know you are driving a fourty something thousand dollar car but please.....can you not drink your Starbucks Frappocino while talking with your red Palm Treo?? I mean, I can't help but wonder if you are a freak with three hands that's why you can drink & drive & talk at the same time....geesh..

Mr. Blond Hair Guy who's driving a porche....Do I looked impressed??? No....not even if you were Brad Pitt driving a Ferrari , I still wont make a LEFT TURN if I feel like it's not safe yet!! So you can honk for as much as you want I still wont go esp. if the on coming car is at a speed of light. You'll just have to wait like the rest of us human beings.


To another race-car driver who was speeding so fast I didn't even catch a glimpse of what car he was driving. If you have a death pact with satan well go for it...but please don't take us to the grave with yah... I still plan on living my full life expectancy and beyond. Slow down....life is too short....

To the bus driver who might need a new pair of specs...Didn't you see me coming?? I'm the little red car who was next to you ? I thought you aren't gonna go yet because your break light was ON!!! I know you're big & you probably makes minimum wages & you're in a hurry to get to your second job but can you please take a second to look at your side mirror before you step on the gas??



To the septuagenarian who's driving that big ass Cadillac ....I respect senior citizens but if their ability to drive on a busy high way is being impede by their age then maybe they shouldn't be out on the road driving . They are a lot more dangerous than the guy w/ the race car. They couldn't see the speed limit , they couldn't see your turn signal , they couldn't see where they're going !!! Fredies has an online store & they deliver ;

To the latina woman who drive a huge white econovan who gave me the stern look as I made a left turn at a stop in front of my daughter's school. Lady....the speed limit is 20 miles per hour on a school zone not 40......beinte milias per hora!!! Intiendes??? You shouldn't be that close to me if you were following the speed limit!!! Don't worry..they wont ran out of burritos at Taco Bell.


To the inconsiderate driver at the freeway.....you should allow others to MERGE!!! You don't own the road!!! You can either speed up or slow down but don't drive so close to me that I could hear you listening to Tom Jones....it's the freeway....FREE-WAY!! got it?

To parents at school who drive those freakin' big ass SUVs. Park on the right spot!! That means that the car next to you wont have to squeeze their asses so they could get out of their car and if you think the spot is just a bit narrow for your space craft then park somewhere else. Don't be scared to walk 50 steps from the school..it's cardio work out..it's good for you.

To the Ford Focus teenage driver who was almost sniffing my butt!!! Distancia amigo!! If you are behind me , I want to at least be able to see your plate numbers and not your hairy nose as you were picking on it , yukk!!


Okay ..I feel better now.

Drive safely :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL Mel, you probably cuss me as well if you ever see me on the road. I tailgate; I drive 15-20 miles above speed limit; I talk on my cp while driving and cut slow driver offguard in split second.

I so want to get a V6 SUV but DH believed a V6 car is surely going to get me in big trouble so he never compromise with me in that aspect when we bought a new car for me.

Anonymous said...

Mel, I love this entry! Ako rin maraming puedeng idag-dag, pero late na.

Anonymous said...

This post of yours reminds me of what happened this afternoon while I was driving going back to work from the bank. I had the right of way and this lolo in an rv was trying to cross. He only checked his right side but he did not bother to look at his left side where I was coming. Knowing how big an RV is, he immediately move forward and he was already occupying half of the road that I was supposed to be driving at. Good thing the oncoming car on the right side just stopped and let me pass through. Nakaka inis kasi feeling nya yata walang cars na manggagaling sa left side. I cannot make a sudden stop at that time because somebody was tailgating me and I HAD THE RIGHT OF WAY!!!!

~Mheldz said...

Rhebs,
It's good to hear from you again. You sounds do refreshed & energized after the long vaca.

So you're like the woman I almost rear ended ( just kiding )
I guess you can do that if you have more driving experience. It just makes me nervous to be next to another driver who's hands are busy with other things rather than the steering wheel.
I tried to answer my cell phones once while on the road & I almost run the red light. I can't do it yet...still an amateur :)


Ger,
I know there's so much more lols...it's funny when you read about it but during the actual incident I feel like this crazy woman who wants to pull over in the middle of the road & scream profanity to every idiots that don't know how to follow the law & don't give a damn on other people:)

dito kc sa PDX they wont honk unless it's really bad so kahit inis na inis ka na tiis ka lang kc hindi masyado uso ang road rage. Unlike what I've seen in NY , they honk just bcoz they want to. just to piss you off. Medyo polite mga diver dito kay lang minsan kaka gigil!!

Sandy,
Congrats sa iyo ha..nagda-drive ka na din pala. I still have this mentality that it is such a big deal for a filipina to be able to learn how to drive & get a lisence.

Kanina lang din montik na ako na aksidente ( good lord buti na lang mabilis ang reflex ko) . Malakas kc ulan & this guy attempted to make a turn when my I had the green light & I was really going fast. Nakuh para akong hihimatayin!!! Naka pag mura tuloy ako ( in english lols ) kahit kasama ko mga bata. Kung hindi ako naka preno salpukan talaga kami ..sus ginoo. Malapit na ako 1 yr anniversary when I got my lisence & I have not have any accident yet so far ( knock on wood).

wGGtah said...

Te mel, my recent entry is about tailgaters and pipol using their cellphone while driving. Muntik na akong maaksidente dahil sa mga tailgaters din. Hay sobra, kung pwede lang you'll stop then tell them to read the driver's manual again LOL!

Mommy said...

dami tlgng irresponsible drivers dito last week din kami ng mga byenan ko nung namasyal susko usually ang mga truck drivers mga aanga-anga white trash grabe pag sedan lng car mo mamaliitin at sila ang hari sa kalsada muntik lng kaming banggain kami nmin ang may right of way tapos nag speeding sa harap nmin at hihinto hinto gusto ata magpabangga sa likod kung ako ang driver bubusinahan ko tlg yun ng napakalakas alam kong asar sila sa mga busina ng kotse hehehe

Anonymous said...

Hi Mel,

Yes, I've been driving for quite awhile now. I need it for my job, so I have no choice but to be able to do it. Although I only walk to work because it's basically a few steps away from our apartment, I still need to do some driving because I have to go to the bank every day. Okay na okay nga kasi I only walk to work but my mileage is paid for every time I have to do my banking and post office errand.

according2whom said...

lol@Mel, AMEN to that! nyahahaha

according2whom said...

oi ate rebs, same on u grabe 15-20 miles over the speed limit? dang, werz d cops! Pull this gurl! lolz

Threat ka sa road! lolz