"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ~Marcus Aurelius

Friday, November 30, 2007

Anticipating,Online Shopping And An Award

Could you believe it??? As I am typing this post there is only less than 22 days left before Christmas!! That fast huh!!
Like always I have it all planned ...find the perfect tree, take the holiday ornaments out of the storage closet, surf the net for the right toys for the kids , plan for the xmas dinner etch etch...but I had to put my plans on hold for a while because of some major events that is going on with my family in the Philippines.

First, our youngest sibling got a job in Saudi Arabia and we've been scrambling every ways to make sure that his first flight out of the country will go smoothly. I must say I am a bit nervous coz he's only 22 and still very immature but come to think of it , I had my maiden voyage when I was 16. I guess I'm worried coz I know that it's not as easy as they think with all the adjustments that he has to go through.I have been texting him so many time giving him advise & tips on what to do , what to bring , what to expect. Part of me was so proud how he came around from being the problem child of the family to being a grown up with all his wonderful plans and hopes....another part of me is sad because he is going away just like me and I know that this will break my parents heart. But , we all have to make our own choices for our future.

Another major event is my sister's board exam (BS RN ) scheduled today and tomorrow. This is her second try and I am praying so hard that she make it this time. I know how much pressure it is on her especially now that our brother is going over seas ahead of her ( napag iiwan na sya). I trust her and I know that she will do everything she can to pass this exam...its for her own future....its for her own good.

I miss my brother and sister so much most of all during this holiday season.
When we were small kids , my father would bring Andok's Fried Chicken and some hot pandesal and call it "noche buena". No matter , the excitement for the coming of xmas and the New Year were not dampened by the meager amount of food on our dinning table , we still celebrated the joyous occasion as if we were chowing down expensive ham and other fancy dishes. We were still happy because we were together.

-----------------------~~~~~~~~~~*****~~~~~~---------------------------


My anxiety and restlessness is off the roof so I thought maybe surfing the net for toys would help me relax......NO...it didn't..it just made me more edgy. I guess I must have forgotten how it is to shop for toys. Last year was stressful because they were no longer infants nor toddlers..they are now "younger kids" or so the toy websites categorize their ages. Within an hour of looking I realize that it even more agonizing this time ( and the next years perhaps) not only because of the kids different interests but also the kind of toys that are out there. Not to mention the prize ( expect to shed a few hundreds if you have more than 1 kid ). Our DD requested a Nintendo DS and I tried to explain to her that if this is what she really likes then that's the only gift she's gonna get because Nintendo is expensive. She graduated from Leapster Learning Center which she loved so much that she accumulated 10 different game cartriges. Seems like she'd made up her mind so Nintendo it is for her. Our DS on the other hand is just starting to learn ABCs and he loves to color and paint and he is so interested with all kinds of animals.He also likes songs, music and books. My Amazon.com wishlist is full of options just for Shinjo .Me and my DH will have to sit together and pick the ones that we think are best for him.

We're doing all of our shopping on line and taking advantge of Free shipping. I don't think I could take the kids to the store and let them pick the toys they want then expect them to wait till xmas. That's just turture to them , I think.I mean , its hard even for grown ups to wait . If we have a babysitter , I would shop by myself or with my husband, but definitely not bringing the kids. And besides,I'm comfortable sitting infront of my laptop, in my flannel jammies and a hot cup of freshly brewed coffee.

Here are some good websites for educational and unique toys.
1.Baby Universe
2.Wokits
3.ELC
4.Kaplan
5.Sensational Beginning
6.One Step Ahead

Happy Shopping!!!!


-----------~~~~~******~~~~~~-------------
My friend Tess and Bless gave me and award. You guys are so sweet. I'd like to give you a big bear hug if I could. Thanks to both of you.



I'd like to share this award to every one on my friends list coz you all deserve it too!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK to your sister's RN board exam and much success to your brother's new career!!!

vanessa said...

Smart move doing shopping online. It is not easy going out shopping with kids in tow. I don't even shop when i'm with matthew i make sure daddy comes with us, it's either me alone or the three of us. We shop mostly online too. We're leaving tommorow. Merry xmas.

Francesca said...

oi, ano kaya, utang muna pamasko kamo, kasi sa january dami sales!

musta dyan meldz!

Bless said...

Hello Mel :-) yup online shopping is better if we have kids in tow :-)