"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ~Marcus Aurelius

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Post Thanksgiving Update

I've managed to get my butt up and do something that doesn't require using too much muscles and effort, just my fingers.....blogging. After the Thanksgiving , I was just so tired and satiated that I ( we ) spent the entire Friday doing absolutely NOTHING. We ate the left over ,surf the net ( no fighting over the laptop coz he has his own) and watch tv till 4m of Saturday. It was the laziest day ever.Kids wore their jammies till they took a bath before going to bed. I was so exhausted from prepping , cooking and cleaning that I didn't have any energy left to go shopping on Black Friday. 'Sides, you can shop online too if you are really desperate to buys something and wants to save a few bucks. I guess I wasn't crazy enough to brave the crowd that are waiting outside of the mall before the break of dawn. The turkey must have altered some chemical in my brain coz all of my excitement to go shopping was gone!!! I was so content to just sit in front of our projector screen TV or look online for my favorite store.Me and my husband both just spent the whole Friday cozied up in our sofa with our legs propped up the ottoman with only our eyes and fingers moving and only getting up to go to use the bathroom or get drinks and food in the kitchen.....The Best Friday Ever!!

I just like to add that my Thanksgiving Menu was a success.
All the trouble of brining the turkey over night and making 3 different kind of pies were totally worth it. I would definetly brine my turkey every thanksgiving because it made the meat so tender and juicy .DH commented that if "he can cut the meat with his spoon , then it means that the meat is very tender". You don't even need gravy coz the meat was so tasty ( saves you some extra calories). The veggies was fresh and crisp that you can hear it snap in every bite. My kids surprisingly loved the pumpkin pie. Last year they wouldn't even dare take a tinnie tiny bite. Pecan pie was also turned out perfect and MIL gave it a thumbs up!!!


My Center Piece.The Only Souvenir Shot On Thanksgiving



So how was your Thanksgiving??

**********************************************
Hooked On Heroes


What a great show!!!. Me and my DH watch this together and we just started last week. It was so good we would watch 3-4 episodes in one sitting .If you have a NETFLIX account , you can go to their website and click on Watch Now.They have a huge list of movies,TV shows,Documentary etch etch.
This show is like our current " Alone Time Together" activity coz we want to watch every episodes together and we are almost done with the first season. The writer/creator of this show , Tim Kring also wrote Crossing Jordan , which I'm also a big follower. If you are in to real suspense and sci fi flicks, then you should not miss this.
I'm still loyal to House MD and LawAndOrder SVU/CI but Heroes is special coz my husband loves it too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doing nothing is an absolute luxury. We also had a good turkey too made by my bro-in-law's friends. Even Evan loved it. I usually find turkey very bland. Mukhang masarap ang pecan pie ah. Thanks for the tip about the Netflix watch now. I didn't know that.

~Mheldz said...

Ger,
turkey is really bland if you don't cook it right.Can't help but compare the food here and the dishes we filipinos serve during major holidays ( menudo,caldereta.letchon.morcom, embutido etch etch ). Ang sarap ng pecan pie medyo napatamis ng konte ang timpla ko .
Netflix WatchNow is so cool , you can watch shows instantly.

Merydith said...

I was going to suggest to you Mhel about it too. I watch those old movies when I am bored and it kept me occupied. I hope everything is well.