"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ~Marcus Aurelius

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

A Trip To The Clinic & Some Funny Story.

I'm suffering from what most asian women does during the cold seasons...dryness.
Oopps , don't get ahead of yourself there...I am well lubricated.
I'm talking about dryness of the skin ,scalp , elbows ,heels and knees.
It usually starts on my head with little flakes visible every time I comb and like a domino effect , it goes all the way down to my feet. I've been drinking plenty of liquids and smothering myself with lotion but to little or no effect.
Now I had to wear socks like an old lady coz I had to saturate my feet with loads of gooey vaseline petroleum jelly which seems to help prevent further cracks on my heels. What a turn-off to look at my own feet coz they look like I've been working in the field all day. Sometimes my lips will get so dry to the point of bleeding.Neosporine Lipbalm is my solution to that.I think I might have bought 5 different kind of cream for my skin problem but so far only the two that I've mentioned about seems be effective and they are the cheapest too.

On the other hand , both my knees developed this ugly and super itchy rash that I scratched ( I know I'm not supposed to ..but it felt so good ). I thought it will go away after treating with cortisol but it just gotten worse. 2 weeks later the rash were still there & they'be gotten bigger and redder.It started to freak me out ( watched too much HouseMD and CSI ) coz it looks like it's gonna spread all over me or worse get my kids infected too. Today , I went to an Urgent care clinic to have my rash looked at by a doctor. Thank God there were only 3 of us waiting in line or I would have just walked out if there were more than 5.

I hated the waiting and my mind just starts imagining things like " what's wrong with this old lady..I hope she's not contagious"....or " That kid looks like he has something serious going on there, they should take them to the ER" ..or..." did he showered?"... That's what happens when your stuck in a small waiting room with sick strangers...you starts talking to yourself. After 15 mins of flipping through magazines , my name was finally called and ushered to a small room with no window. Again , my mind starts to wonder. The thought like " where are you gonna go if some psycho comes here?" or..."I wonder if the docs & nurse do something naughty here ".The nurse took my vital stats and probably a good 2 mins of her attention and she was gone leaving me on that tiny room. To keep my mind busy, I grabbed another magazine to relieve my boredom and paranoia. I felt so claustrophobic that it was hard to keep those grim images on my mind.

After waiting for what seemed like forever , there was a knock on the door and the doctor came in. We shook my hands & introduced himself ( later on I bet both of us realized that we should shook our hands because we don't know if my rash was contagious...but then again , he should have read my chart ). He examined my knees and I could see him frowning while looking at my rash and I told myself " this can't be good" .I got a little nervous plus I felt uncomfortable with his face so close to my knees and the tiny room with no windows. You could never guess what was going on in my tiny little brain.

He then proceeded to ask me standard questions and so my mind got distracted trying to recall what I did to cause the rash on both of my knees. It took me a couple of second to reply.....I was still on that same train of thoughts when I was alone in that small room....I asked myself " what did I do that I had to kneel down causing this irritation on my knees?"....."kneeling down?"..."on my knees"..."I hope he's not thinking what he thinks I'm thinking". I don't know if I was blushing when I replied " I had to go down on my knees when I'm cleaning the bathroom floors".
After giving him a few more ideas on what I thought caused this itchy problem , the doctor handed me a cream to apply 3x a day and told me to see a dermatologist if nothing happens .

I left but still couldn't believe what I had pondered during that hour long wait at the clinic.What a dirty little mind I thought!
Strangers...tiny room with no windows, nurses and doctors , dryness on my knees , cream...hahahhahhaha can you put the picture together??

I should lay off the TV for a while :)




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha! I just couldn't help but laught out loud while reading this post! Boy, you are such a joker! Ang galing ngs sense of houmor dito! ahheheheh!

Sa dry skni, my akin talaga parang dandruff sa may nuo. Nakakahiya ang sa akin! Ang paa ko talaga as in dry, magroon akung cream para doon galing sa bath and body works, nag wo-work din. Pero wala pa talaga akung time mag gamit, kung minsan tinatamad talaga ako! Katulad ngayon pwde, but in a sense hindi rin pwede. Nag hihintay ako nga bus ni Triz then put her in John's car para sa girl's scout field trip nya. Nag hintay rin ako sa bus ni Jonathan, prepara din ako sa kanya dahil I amsure medyo moddy yon pag dating, biru-in mo ba whole sa school! ^_^ Anyway, ng dito ako, naka harap sa akung laptop sa may window kasi sa front namin kita lahat, buses, etc. :D Have a great cool night! ~_^

Anonymous said...

Hay naku, mali mali ang type ko! Hehehe! Dali dali kasi! I mean to say whole day si Jonathan. Ok, maya na naman ang ibang mali mali.scoot na muna ako.

vanessa said...

you've created a mini movie adventure in your brain for that short period of time, girl you are something lol. Don't you think you are paranoid of clinics, sick people? or is it the tiny room? anyhow, it was nevertheless a funny story. With my years of living here i only had a heat rash on some part of my body. Luckily the cream worked.

~Mheldz said...

Hi Lan,
Bilib ako sa iyo on how you can handle to manage raising 3 kids and a huge house. Ako 2 lang at small apartment parati na reklamo lols.

Van,
I am actually a little paranoid lols. I think of the worse possible thing that could happen in every situation. Its a habbit that evolved through experience such as whenever I am at a new place , the first thing on my mind is "How am I gonna get out of here if something bad happens ".
You are well aclimated the stateside weather. Ako hindi pa din. Pang pinas ang balat ko lols.
Nakaka insi lang dito kunting kibot punta sa doctor. Sa pinas punta ka lang sa mercury drugs pwede ka na bili ng gamot sa simple problems. Isang Urgent Care visit 25 dollars na pwera pa gamot..

Francesca said...

slit off ba his testacles???? no wonder my frenchman do not trusts doctors and nurses, even as pretty as that in the photos.

So whats your skin problem daw?

Anonymous said...

Te mel, na try mo ba ang eucerin at hydrocortisone? It works well with me. I had fun reading this entry- kakatuwa! (lalu na yung cartoon photo LMAO!!)

Nova said...

its really funny... thanks for sharing this....