"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ~Marcus Aurelius

Saturday, November 10, 2007

A Trip To The Clinic & Some Funny Story. : Part 2

This one is about my son's recent visit to see his new pediatrician and also to get his Flu shot. God knows how I hated to be in the waiting area much more surrounded by sick kids w/c made my misery 10x worse but this was my little peanut's annual check up so I was a little ok with it.

His new pedia , lets call her Dr. H , is a giant . I figured she's tall when I read her resume on the hospital's websites about her being a former member of her collage basketball team .I was wearing a pair of boots w/ heels but I still looked like a midget in front of her towering height which probably over 6 feet tall.

Dr. H is nice and she asked many questions about Shinjo and told me plenty about herself . I like the fact that she didn't look like she's in any rush to be done talking with us and Shinjo kinda liked her and comfortable around her which is very important to me.

Time to do a quick examine of Shinjo's vitals and some other routine check ups.Laying down on the bed ,Shinjo was made to take off his pants so the doctor can look at his genitals . The little bugger was making a fuss so Dr.H gave him a tongue depressor to keep him busy while being examined.
Dr, H :" Hmm...seems everything is ok...2 testicles....no bumps or anything.... OH NO..I think we should take that away!"

I swear I thought I was gonna pass out after hearing what Dr. H said and she caught my gaze and read my pale and scared expression. I was so shocked I couldn't open my mouth. That's when Dr. H said " Oh I meant the tongue depressor because he was chewing it "
I gave out a big sigh of relief and we all had a big laugh even the student doctor who was there accompanying her. Gosh , how would you feel if the doctor tells you that your son might never have any children because there's a problem with his manhood?! Beside, I wanna have some grandchildren too.


Luv Ice Cream!!



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daughter is now in first grade and her level of curiosity doubled up.
Everyday she looks at the calendar and ask me what date is it or how many more days before Xmas. One day she even asked how many minutes before her birthday which is not till June next year. So my solution was teach her how many minutes in an hour , an hour in one day , a day in a week etch etch and we do this while driving to school or while I'm doing something in the kitchen. She's still confused about it and I think it will take a while to understand but at least she's not gonna ask me how many hours more before my birthday.

Being such a social kid , she's now asking me about "sleepover" and I was like " how about a sleep over in the Philippines FOR GOOD"...No , I didn't tell her that but it just bothers me how a 6 year old kid get this idea? My 1st guess are her classmates and they are all about the same age. I can't believe parents would allow their kids to spend a night at their friends house at that age. NO WAY!!!

Another one of her many inquiries is "Why do girls have pepe and boys have wiener?"
I just couldn't be honest with her so I had to lie and simply said "so we could tell w/c one is a girl or a boy" and quickly change the topic.
An article at Parenting magazine written by Julie Tilsner says that it's okay to lie as long as it wont do any harm to them. Little white lies are justifiable according to the experts because young children can't understand complex or scary situation such as when your child says " Mommy , will you be with me forever?". Would you tell them no??? There are downside of course but I think it out weighs the results of when you try to explain to your kids too serious stuff that are beyond their grasp. Just make sure that your little white lies are age appropriate coz they will soon learn them later on . The experts also advise that when it come to thing that are happening at home or in the family such as divorce,illnesses or death that we should be honest with them about it. They may not care if you lied about why their favorite toy got broken but don't lie about something that they will care about 10 years from now.



Her 1st Permanent Tooth Popped Out




Her Hair Is Now Long Enough To Make French Twist And Made Me Promise To Never Cut Her Hair Again

3 comments:

Mommy said...

i was laughing hard here sis! funny story. And Princess have a lovely hair.

Francesca said...

Salbaheng doktora, balak bang tanggalan ng ehem si shinjo!!!

sleep over at 6years old?
No.

You must not allow kids to start sleep over. You cant be able to sleep in the evening thinking how she is adopting to another house.
Then the trouble of, giving some responsibility to someone else your daughter.

She will have her sleep overs in due time, when she got feild trips in school.
Ask first your husbands' idea about the subject.

Musta from France!

~Mheldz said...

Thanks Sarah,
I've been practicing brading her hair pero masyado madulas hair nya kaya nahirapana ko .

Francesca,
OO nga..wawa naman ang bunso ko kung nagkataon...di matitikman ang luto ng langit hahahhaa.

Tama ka jan ,di pa talaga pwede..nakuh lalo na tayo mga pinay , di pwede sa atin yang sleep-over sleep-over.Buti kung kamag anak di ba? Yung ibang parents gusto nila kc makakatakas sila at makaka lamyerda tapos laking sisi kapag may masamang nangyari sa anak nila.

Malamig at maulan dito sa Oregon at nag uumpisa na ako mag lista ng bibilihin for Thanksgiving atsaka xmas. Kayo ano ang pinag kaka abalahan nyo jan?