"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ~Marcus Aurelius

Monday, September 17, 2007

Feel The Burn!

I've been ranting & raving about my weight gain issues and now finally I had some positive result. After 1 week of regular exercise & controlled diet , I lost 2 lbs!!! Ok , I know some will raise their eye-brows & say " Big Deal...2lbs is nothing!". Not for me coz this is the 1st time in a long while that I saw the scale actually went down. It was frustrating when you know you bust your ass everyday for 2 hours or so at a time & nothing happens. Clothes were still getting tighter,energy was so depleted ,and the scale is going the opposite way .I am happy even with the slightest hint that my effort & discipline is paying off. The hardest part is the first 5 minutes of it .Doing cardio felt like climbing the top of Mt. Everest.I started w/ moderate speed & the most amount of time I could manage (10mins..lols )then I gradually increases it the next day. I discovered too that if I listen to some up beat songs ,that I felt more energized & into the groove. So I made a play list of dance & hip hop songs to listen to while I am working out & its as if I just drunk a can of Red Bull , I mean , who wouldn't feel the urge to shake thier booty when you hear Beyonce, Shakira ,Rihanna,Lauren Hill & Sean Paul ?.I have more energy & endurance. I have increased my time to 30 mins and then I slowly incorporate streangth training. Hubby showed me how to do leg work out last night & because those muscles of mine aren't used to being subject to weight machine , it was hard. I kept telling myself " Feel The Burn , Feel The Burn!!"

Losing 2lbs is a good start. I'm not starving myself , not taking any crazy diet pills, not feeling depressed about my figure and if I continue & be consitent w/ my work out routine I would lose over 20lbs by December w/ is my goal.Hopefully I'll have enough confidence to post my whole body picture here.

7 comments:

vanessa said...

hey, so proud and happy for u. I can definitely emphatize, feeling good and confident about yourself does really makes your self feel brighter and excited for the day. I don't know how to describe it but everytime i go to an occassion i always look forward dressing up especially when i know i don't look awful on what i am wearing. Silly things like that does make my day sometimes. So goodluck, i know you'll get there soon.

About my tagboard, hmmm i don't know bakit pinapahirapan ang beauty mo. I didn't play with the settings at all. Should i do something?

Merydith said...

Mel ang ganda mo talaga. I am so proud of you. Konting tiis nalang. I remember before I got pregnant when I am off from work I can run 5 miles with music yan ha. Boring pag wala. Pero ngayon I am still 15 lbs over my pre- pregnancy weight. Malaki na talaga si mama. Take care and kudos to a job well done.

Bless said...

Wow! so proud of you. That's an achievement. In a week you loss 2 lbs so give and take you do the same routine every week in a month you'll loss 8lbs. You go girl. I am also curbing my binge eating hehehe. Nakakagutom talaga magbreastfeed. :-)

Anonymous said...

whoohoo congrats te mel, thats a good start. As always, mabeauty ka pa rin!! o cge keep us posted ha. Yngat lagi *hug*

Anonymous said...

Mel, 2 lbs means a lot! Ako rin medyo serious na sa dieting and exercise. I love your photo!

~Mheldz said...

hey guys , thanks to all your flattering commenst & word of support. I'll get to all of yah later coz mommy here is swamped.

Thanks again :)

~Mheldz said...

Van, parehas tayo. Whenever we go to any social gatherings,nakuh asahan mo na todo gayak ako( pero di naman over the top). Syempre ganyan talaga tayong mga girls di ba , we have the needs to feel pretty & sexy & to be noticed sometimes. We owe it to ourselves to take care of our body & looks kahit na ba may apo na.
I can imagine you still looking hot & gorgeus at 60+ :)

In-in,
I am pretty sure you wont have a hard time getting back into shape kasi you are tall ( ingit ako sa height mo ha !) Advantage ka na agad kasi you'll look great in any outfit sa iyong height. But for now you have Frankie to focus your attention to.

Bless,
Wish ko lang sana before Dec 24 ay okay na ang figure ko lols. Buti ka pa , naturally slim. Like In-in you have a baby to worry about so you have an excuse to have 2nd helping of pie.


Anna & Geri,
Both of you are also tall & slim....waaa...ako pinanganak na pungok ( short) tapos chubby pa ,Kakaingit kayo.

Salamat sa inyong pag bisita. I appreciate it.