"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ~Marcus Aurelius

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Funny Ha Ha

The busiest time of the day for me is in the morning.
Everybody got to be somewhere....school...work...wherever!
I like having plenty of time to get the kids ready to go for school...I hate rushing esp. when I am half awake coz usually it means I'll be cranky the rest of the day.

My morning ritual would simply be a good steaming cup of coffee ,strong with plenty of cream & 2 packets of spleada. I like to sit for maybe 5 minutes & kinda let the caffeine kick in , maybe check my email in between sips. That would be one of the few highlights of my day.

This morning I had my coffee but I didn't get to sit down & enjoy it like I normally do . I was multitasking & taking sips of the joe and getting whip splash looking at the clock . This is another thing that ticks of off...being late!!! I like to plan things ahead of time coz I'm don't do well under pressure. No matter how hard I try to be organize I still can't find my comb!!
Is there a ghost living with us trying to play with my sanity?? I even got a little caddy where every stuff for grooming hair goes , but not the comb. I swear when I find it , I will put a string on it & tie it in one corner & see if it still disappear.

So the morning didn't start smoothly for me. I had to hot iron my hair coz I look like I have an afro hairdo & the 5 mins of fixing my hair screwed up my A.M. routine.

On our way to school , I always have the AM radio on to listen to news updates , weather & traffic reports. I'd like to be up to date with what's going on so I don't get trap shut whenever somebody asked me " Hey did you know what happened to this & that ?? yadi yadi yada" and I look like a deer on headlight. It's always a good thing to be armed with information as much as you can.

Still in the car with the radio on but this time waiting at the parking lot for DH .It was around 10am & I just had the FM station on the background not really paying attention till I heard the DJ mentioned "Filipina " . I turned the volume up & it was The T-Man Show at Z100 . They were talking about a dating website called FilipinaHeart.com and how many "hot" filipina has profile in there. Dating or penpal website are nothing new...even Dr. Phil made great money with his Match.com . This dj's were reading random profiles & describing how the women looks like in their picture . It was funny at the beginning coz there were girls who says that " I can describe myself as a jolly person " or " I like cleaning the laundry & loving my future husband unconditionally" . They had a good laugh about it while I was sitting there kinda feeling embarrassed coz they are making fun of filipinas and I also feel sad because these girls have no idea that they are topic of a morning radio show with the dj's getting a kick out of some poorly grammared profiles on that website. Out of so many topic that can be discussed , why does it have to be about some girls from the other side of the earth who , to be honest , trying their luck to find the man that will take care of them. They laughed at the word "penpal" or "unconditional love"...why because they don't exist in this country anymore. For 20 minutes I listened to them basically talking about how many filipinas are desperate to come here in the states and make fun of their english skills .It was offensive & demeaning. I don't know if I was just not in a good mood coz of a bad morning & I was just being too sensitive or that my reaction is valid because of the way they laughed at filipino women . I don't know....but I do know that there is nothing to be ashamed of. Maybe some of these pinays don't have computer at home that's why they are looking for penpals and we our domestic skills is one of our best assets that's why many american men seeks asian women to be their wife. It might not be put in proper words at their profile but we know exactly what they mean & it's a legitimate & even fun way to meet someone & it should not be made fun of on national radio show.



FilipinaHeart.Com


I wonder if I would agree with their humor if I'd had a good morning start....nah....I doubt it. I think they suck & they are running out of more interesting things to talk about on their show that's why they are picking on those people who can't defend themselves. Whatever!!!

6 comments:

Mommy said...

ay naku bitter lng yung dj baka isang pinay ang nag paasa sa kanya at dinump sya hehehe. Pero panget nmn yun out of all race, pinay ang pinili! baka tlgng may nakaraan sya sa pinay buti nga sa kanya

Anonymous said...

hmmmm... It would be interesting to know how they stumbled into that site in the first place. Too bad for them, they would never get to experience filipina love ;)

~Mheldz said...

Sarah,
Alam mo ang nakakatawa , ung isang dj ( 3 sila) says he is actually married to a filipina & he was like " but she doen't take are of me anymore & she olny loves me some Thursday blah blah blah". They are trying to be funny about it pero hindi ako natuwa .


Ger,
Yeah..I don't know why we are hearing so much about filipinos in the media lately .Desperate Housewife , radio show and the other day I was watching 3 Rock & one of their joke was about Tina Fey wearing 2 piece office attire & the guy commented " you look great on those if only you were the president of the Philippinies!" I was sooo offended!!

Anonymous said...

Melz, wow, filipanas are getting papular lately. Thanks to "Desperate Housewife"! Beleive or not, I had some people asks me if I was a Filipina. I answered them proudly with a big yes and askes them if they know any filipina personally. Nag agawan sila ng sagot ng "no", pero they were nice and friendly. Pero I did wondered why they asked me anyway. ~_^

Tess said...

Mel, sa totoo lang, pag gusto ko tumawa dati, punta ako filipina.com, daming patawa doon, lol! wag ka marami pa rin gustgo pinay despite all these nasty talks about us, mas OK pa rin tayo kaysa karamihan sa kanila.

Francesca said...

Hi Mel, filipinas are still better wives in compare to Russian Blondes, lol

pinay ako eh, and proud si Lolo sa akin.
Its all that matters.
After all, I am not married to those idiots djs.
Good enough, lol

i wonder a filipina stayed to a man like him...