"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ~Marcus Aurelius

Monday, October 15, 2007

PotLuck Party With Pinoy Friends

Dunno when was the last time I hung out with friends
I got a text Tuesday from Mailene for a get-together potluck party and I couldn't wait for the week to get over coz the party was on Saturday. I have not seen them for a long time & even Princess missed them so much. I made sure DH calendar was clear so he can baby sit for Shinjo. As usual he insisted that I bring the two chikkiting but I protested.!! How in the world am I gonna have any fun if I have to run after my kids instead of making endless chikahan , di ba?

Wednesday, I went shopping for the ingredients ( over excited ba?) and double checked with Mailene if I was bringing the right dish. I decided I'm gonna bring Taco Carne Asada. It was a lot of work !! Lots of chopping,marinating & lots of tupperware to put all the condiments for the taco. I was afraid that no one will like it coz that was the first time I made a mexican dish but it was a hit!!


My First Taco Carne Asada



My friend Mailene has friends who came who were Vietnamese & they brought Spring Rolls which I loved so much. It was so light & delish!! Too bad I wasn't fast enough to take picture.
After eating, we did a little bit of Karaoke ( guess who sang the most :) ) and then they brought out the poker chips sets. They have the whole thing even the table cover to make it look like a real poker table. I'd be scared to play poker with those people coz they sure look like pros but they promise it's all just for fun. Yeah right!! After losing 10 bucks I decided I'd be better off being their nigh club singer..lols. With live music, poker game, good food & drinks & good company we had a great great time & it almost felt like we were in Vegas . Too bad the fun had to end .....at 1am. I never stayed out that late but I was forgiven this time coz I've been a good girl :). The girls already made a plan for another night out coz Lorelia is gonna celebrate her bday!! OOhh I can't wait I can't wait!!! I'm glad that I am better at driving now which makes me more comfortable going out to places without my husband. For sure I wont miss any more get together with the adults:)

3 comments:

Mommy said...

sis mukhang masarap ganda ng pagkakaayos mo parang 5 star resto parang professional chef ang nag decorate!

vanessa said...

glad u had a great time, it's nice when u get to go out and hang out with people especially filipinas. I'll be attending a baby shower this coming saturday. One filipina organize a surprise party for a newcomer filipina from cebu, i happened to be one of her only friend here in SA when she arrived so i'm very expected to show up, they even move the time so i can make it after work.

~Mheldz said...

Sarah,
Syempre pinaganda kc pang blogging eh lols...pero masarap talaga sya lalo na kapag tama ang timpla tsaka namarinate ng husto. Try mo.

Van,
Sinabi mo pa! I was actually nervous the 1st couple of minutes coz I don't know how they will receive us after being absent for so long . I hate it when I'm not comfortable coz I tend to talk more lols but after a while I managed to calm down & made myself at home just like before.
I have never been at a babyshower party.That sounds like fun. So you're the VIP ...meron din bang karaoke??
Hope you have a great time too at the shower party :)