"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ~Marcus Aurelius

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

What Are We Thankful For This Year?

Can't believe it is already Thanksgiving.Remnant of the previous year's turkey day are still visible around my hips and belly. My first year here in the US I felt like this holiday is more associated with feast and pigging out to almost up to a comatose state and unlike Christmas which is more into gift giving and children having the grandest day of their existence with all the boxes upon boxes of gift that they have to open . But now going into my fourth Thanksgiving , I have learned the true essence of this celebration that goes back 400 years ago . It is indeed a time to be Thankful for everything that we had or was given to us. A time to appreciate and look back at what we were and how we are right now.

What am I Thankful for this year?? Plenty .
And I'm not talking about monetary values...its even more and it has no price tag.First , I am thankful that me and my family have had good health all this year.Maybe a little cold and fever every now and then and some annoying skin rash but generally most importantly our kids have been in good tip top shape.

Secondly , I am grateful for the good lord for giving my husband a career that he really like. Makes me happy to see him go to work everyday with that energetic gait and the satisfaction written across his face. Without telling he is at a place where is skills are valued and appreciated which I think is more important than the amount on your paycheck.

Third , my two siblings who are now both grown ups and showing more maturity and responsibility. Each of them are trying their luck to work overseas. I am most grateful for my younger brother's effort to show that he now knows and understand how life really is all about. Two years ago,all he can talk about are new clothes,new cellphones, barkada etch etch. Now he talks about more serious stuff and starting to realize his dreams. I know that he will get there if he continues his determination and motivation. Same goes with my sister. I am very confident that it is just a matter of time and soon she will accomplish what she has been working on for six long years. A career as an RN. I am thankful that she had this opportunity of getting a degree that many in our family never had.

Fourth,I'd say I am Thankful that our family is more stronger than ever. We have gone through many trials and tribulation and survived. Now we have the long years a head of us to look forward to. We are not rich in money but we are blessed with love for each other and that is all that matters.

So what about you?? What are you thankful for?



The First Thanksgiving Meal That I Made 3 Years Ago.I am Much Better Now.

3 comments:

vanessa said...

good health for everyone in the family. That's all i thank for this year.

~Mheldz said...

Van,
I agree. You are with the health care area kaya you appreciate more how important to have as sound mind and body and also mahirap magkasakit ang mga tsikiting natin.

Happy Thaankgiving sa inyo jan sa Texas.

vanessa said...

i mean that is one ultimate thing i'm thankful this year along with other blessings. I do have a lot of things i need to be thankful, shame on me lol.